We had a somewhat exciting weekend!
We went to our house, as we do every Saturday, and saw that they completed the drywall and stuccoed it! Wahoo! It was so awesome not being able to see the frame anymore and have it look more like a house inside instead of plywood walls.
We are also excited because I bought (on Craigslist) this beautiful cherry wood armoire and matching mirror for only $165! I am still so amazed at how cheap it was. It will look so great in our bedroom and we'll finally have something attractive to put our TV in!
Scott and I took advantage of a Labor Day sale and purchased the most awesome couch set in the whole world! It's probably the most comfortable couch I've ever sat on. If I scoot my bum all the way back, my feet aren't even close to touching the floor. It's really deep. I feel like a little kid on it. I don't have a pic to post of it, and the site is down so I can't get one from there...so just imagine the greatest couch ever!
All in all, this weekend just got us really pumped up and anxious for our house to be completed. I feel like I'm full term pregnant. You know how you feel at the end, like you're gonna stay pregnant forever and the baby is never going to come!? Well I feel like my house is just never going to be finished! We bought it in March and here it is September! One thing is for sure, once it's done, I am never leaving home!
9.01.2008
A Great Weekend!
Posted by Kari at 10:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am getting antsy for you! And it always goes WAY longer than they tell you.
Can you please post a picture of your couch. I am on the hunt for some new ones too. And the deep ones are what im dying to find..
Where did you get it?
sooooo exciting! Call me if you want to play this week k?
Glad you had a productive weekend!
I love it when you update your blog. Lots of cute pics of the fam!
Now I am jealous. I want everything you have, is that coveting or just wishful thinking. I hope you are in your house when I come in 4 weeks. Is that even possible?
Kari! Oh my goodness, In all my inactive blogging, I hadn't realized you had become an avid blogger again! Wahoo! Looks awesome. I love all the pictures of you guys. Your children are really growing up. Your family is beautiful.
It is too bad summer fun is ending, what with all the camping and swimming you guys do, but you are probably not concerned with that at all because you are so looking forward to your new house! That is so awesome. It looks really nice. We will definitely come to visit.
Post a Comment