Alison has turned a new corner, a much dreaded corner, in her progression towards becoming a three year old! As much as I love and adore my little girl, there's only so much "Mom, What are you doing?" that I can take! No joking, she probably asks me this question about 25 times a day, at least; while I'm driving, cooking, changing a diaper, ironing, feeding Max, whatever! Are there coping methods for this? Sidenote, isn't this such a cute picture of her? Gosh, I love my little Ali!
11.02.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey at least she's asking. Dallas TELLS me what to do. "Mom, don't drive so fast. Why are you going so slow. Stop. Go. Don't turn up the music. Turn the music up....and on and on." I now just tell him I am a big girl and I will make sure we are safe...so STOP TELLING ME HOW TO DRIVE!!!!
Yes, Ali is cute in that picture. I can totally hear her say "What you doin'?" When kids ask me that, I always turn it around and ask them what they think I'm doing. It makes their brains work a little bit more and it somehow registers with them what I'm doing when they say it in their own words so they stop asking, at least for a little bit.
Yeah, I always turn the question back to Alison, "What am I doing, Alison?" and usually she'll answer, but then continues to ask me again 5 seconds later. At least she's not like Dallas, and telling me what to do! Monica's comment cracked me up! Alison and Dallas have the same birthday, so they're the same age and in the same phase apparently!
Post a Comment